Do you experience a difficulty during a sexual activity and are not able to satisfy your partner in bed? If the answer to this question is yes, then you may be suffering from sexual dysfunction.
Sexual dysfunction is the difficulty faced by an individual or the couple that prevents them from enjoying a sexual activity. Since people hesitate to discuss about their sexual problems with one another, many of them start believing that they are not normal and their sexual problem is unique or shameful. This is however just a myth. Due to the changes in the emotional and psychological behavior of man, sexual dysfunction has become quite common these days.
Sexual dysfunction can occur at any stage of a person’s life. It can begin early or can even develop after a person had previously experienced and enjoyed having sex. The causes originating sexual dysfunction can be physical as well as psychological. Emotional factors include certain personal problems such as marital/relationship problems, communication gap between the partners or lack of trust. Psychological problems like depression, sexual fears or guilt etc also cause sexual dysfunction. Those addicted to alcohol or drugs can also face a similar problem. It is also witnessed by people who suffer from diabetes and degenerative neurological disorders.
Sexual dysfunction disorders are usually classified into four categories as sexual desire disorder, sexual arousal disorder, sexual pain disorder and orgasm disorders.
- A decrease in the production of estrogen (in women) or testosterone (in men and women) can cause a sexual desire disorder. Other factors such as age, pregnancy, fatigue or psychological conditions are also responsible.
- Sexual arousal disorder in men may be due to partial or complete failure of attaining an erection of penis.
- Decreased blood flow, lack of vaginal lubrication and the nature of relationship between the partners also contribute to the breakdown of sexual arousal.
- Orgasm disorder can occur both in men and women. The SSRI antidepressants are responsible for delaying or eliminating the achievement of orgasm.
- Sexual pain disorders mostly affect women. These are commonly known as dyspareunia and vaginismus. It may be caused due to vaginal dryness in women.
There are various treatment of sexual dysfunction. As sexual arousal disorder is the major problem faced nowadays. It can work effectively to cure this illness in men. It blocks an enzyme called phosphodiesterase-5 and then relaxes muscles in the penis thus improving the blood flow. Hence, it helps in having a natural erection.
Anybody can face a sexual dysfunction at any stage of life. Do no regard it as something abnormal. Recognize your illness at the right time and try to seek medical assistance.
Its really a nice conversation.Thanks for sharing this blog.