Have you lost someone’s trust and looking for ways to earn make that person trust you again? Are you finding it difficult to gain the trust of someone who has been betrayed in the past? If you have wronged someone and looking for ways to earn the person’s trust back, I have a few tried and true tips up my sleeve.
The truth is that earning forgiveness from a person you have hurt is not easy and learning all of the ways to earn someone’s trust back is hard, but with these 5 steps, you will be tight again before you know it.
- Admit you were wrong: The first step would be to admit that you were wrong. Simply say a heartfelt “I am sorry” and let the healing process begin. They will appreciate that you have taken the time to recognize your mistakes, and that you are indeed sorry.
- Be humble: Don’t expect the person you have hurt to be the one singing your praise; be humble enough to admit your wrong doings. I know this can be sometimes pretty difficult to do, but you have to remind yourself that we are indeed human and are subject to mistakes. What is important is that you are on the path to mending your broken relationship and to earning his trust back.
- Be patient: You have to give the one you have wronged the time to get healed of the wound you have inflicted on him. Don’t lose it or don’t get frustrated if the person is not showing any sign of forgiving you. Instead, aim to make necessary improvements to your own life and earn trust back little by little.
- Make all necessary changes: Though, major changes won’t happen overnight, it is important to start making some changes in order to show the person you have wronged that you are actually ready to change.
- Little things count: Don’t overlook those little details as they matter a lot when it comes to earning the trust and confidence of someone you have wronged in the past. If you desire to earn that special person’s trust back, then you have got to go the extra miles sometimes to make him happy. If your loved one is preparing for a huge presentation at work or has been having family troubles, be there in any way possible.
Earning someone’s trust won’t happen overnight; so it is important to be patient as the process evolves.