Most relationships or even marriages die a couple of months/years after kickoff. This is not often due to cheating on one’s partner or committing adultery; but bothers on boredom and a few other issues. As a matter of fact, couples who cheat on their spouses often do so because they want some satisfaction that seems to be absent in their current relationship/marriage. To make things work and bubble back to life, here are 5 mind-blowing tips to re-ignite the fire in your relationship.
- Do the things you used to do when you first started dating: Couples often leave behind those wonderful things they used to do the first few months or years of their marriage or relationship. Cast your thoughts back to those years, and you are guaranteed a fun-filled list of lovely things you used to do for and with each other.
- Stop asking “how was your day”: I hear a lot of couples ask this question most of the time—and while it is not a bad way to find out how your partner spent his/her day; it’s getting too mechanical and boring, and could bore you two to death. How about spicing things up a little by asking questions like: “what was your most challenging task at work today?” “What brought smiles to your face today?” How was the ride to work today?” You will be amazed at how much information your partner will be willing to share with you. As a matter of fact, it would spur her to greater things as she would always want to rush back home anytime she goes out just to share her experience with you.
- Be creative and breakout from the usual stuff: Do dinners out of your home once in a while—don’t just eat and go back to your football match on the cable. Have your next dinner or lunch planned out and be sure to go to one of those restaurants that bring back sweet memories.
- Get more intimate: Sexual contact and touching such as kissing, holding hands, cuddling and taking a shower together are vital components of a romantic relationship. While the frequency is of course, up to you, it is imperative that you discuss your ideas about it in order to prevent resentment.
- Show some understanding: While it is understandable that couples do have issues and disagreements over certain topics and views; showing understanding on certain matters can help rekindle the fire in your relationship; however, you don’t have to agree on every matter.